Monday, November 30, 2009

Next presentation/demo thing!

Oh, here it is. The final presentation of the semester. The Last Project.
Now a major motion picture.

Haven't been lots of posts recently, as I am not much of a journalist (in any sense of the word), but I do have plenty to say about many things: namely our projects.
We have decided to do a Hover craft for the "thing that moves on its own". I am again Project Manager (anyway I can post that on my resume? all I ever do is manage people lol), and we have everyone else (still the same people) doing other stuff... What? I'm the manager, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you what other people are doing. Go to their blogs and find out!
Erm, anyway I am currently stuck on my project. See, we have just come from Thanksgiving break, and I have forgotten what it is that I was supposed to do. I know it has something to do with our rudder system, but I just can't for the life of me remember.
Well, I should probably describe the machine for you. That would make my ranting a little less random.

Our hovercraft is based off of Chris's hovercraft from his high school physics project. It is composed of a Styrofoam meat packing tray, a trash bag with holes cut into it, two "lift fans", one "directional fan" and the bread board. The stimulus that moves it will be a SNES controller attached to the breadboard.

I don't have any pictures, but I assure you, that its pretty cool.

As far as having it done, we are severly lacking... the coding needs to be done, the mechanics need to be figured out, and really the only thing we have accomplished is that we figured out a good pattern of holes that provides enough lift for the contraption. 33% is not done, but salvageable. Hopefully we can get it done in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment